.earth Domain Users Leading the Way with Top 10 Carbon Footprint Reducing Solutions
As COP26 wrapped up last week, much was accomplished through a series of negotiations over ending fossil fuel subsidies, creating a crisis response fund for developing nations, and a mandate that nations return next year with steeper emission reduction targets.
However, according to this Yahoo! News article, these agreements are not going far enough to meet the objective of the conference, which was to keep our planet from exceeding the 1.5 degrees Celsius rise over pre-industrial levels. This Fortune article even went on to say that many of the global leaders at COP26 were “greenwashing” last week.
Enacting global policy changes of this scale and magnitude is never easy. Thankfully, there are a wide-range of innovative thinkers who are developing tools and policies for reducing carbon emissions. In fact, we are have seen a surge in .Earth domain users who are using the domain to launch, brand and promote their carbon-footprint reducing solutions.
Below is the list of the top 10 carbon-footprint reducing solutions, which was originally published in this February 2021 Voices.earth blog post.
- #10 – CUA.earth: The Carbon Utilization Alliance (CUA) offers a comprehensive index for discovering relevant players in the carbon capture and utilization space. Learn more about this organization here.
- #9 – Offset.earth: This organization plants trees and helps to fund the world’s best climate crisis solutions through a low-cost, subscription-based service. Learn more about Offset.Earth (now named Ecologi) in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #8 – SettleUp.earth: This new solution allows individuals and businesses to offset the carbon emissions through a simple, personalized subscription, for less than the cost of a coffee a week. Learn more about SettleUp.Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #7 – ReduceMyFootprint.earth: This solution was created to empower climate-conscious individuals and businesses to begin capturing carbon by supporting reforestation and other carbon capturing projects around the world. Learn more about ReduceMyFootprint.Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #6 – NMF.earth: This new mobile app for iOS and Android taps into your mobile phone’s data to let you know how your behaviors are impacting the planet. It also offers a sustainable guide to help users transition to a more environmentally friendly lifestyle, along with digital detox advice, and vegetarian recipes. Learn more about NMF.Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #5 – Puro.Earth: Offering the world’s first marketplace for carbon removal, this organization helps companies around the world to reverse climate change by removing their carbon emissions from the atmosphere, as well as producing carbon-neutral products. Learn more about Puro.Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #4 – GBS.earth: This company develops and manages a suite of high-quality tools and services for creating a true low carbon bioeconomy. Learn more about GBS.Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #3 – Metrics.earth: This new Salesforce application allows companies to align their revenue and risk with the globally accepted United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more about this solution in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #2 – Giki.earth: This UK-based solution offers both a step-by-step guide on how to have a lighter carbon footprint, along with a mobile app that lets you know what products are truly sustainable in supermarkets. Learn more here.
- #1 – CO2.earth: Launched in 2015 as one of the first .Earth domain users, CO2.earth offers an online platform for the global public to best discover what is needed to stabilize the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Learn more about CO2.earth in our 2018 Voices.earth podcast interview.
Are you launching a new carbon offsetting solution? The .earth domain can help align your brand with your overall goals of helping to save the planet, while also helping your new business to gain more revenue. Please click here to secure your very own .earth domain.