For anyone who has been reading technology news over the past year, the concept of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) is certainly top-of-mind and somewhat easy to understand. However, for the vast majority of the population, NFTs can be a major source of confusion.
In essence, an NFT is a unique and non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a blockchain, and can be associated with reproducible digital files such as photos, videos, and audio. Some artists, such as Grimes, have already cashed in on this trend by selling their NFTs for very high sums of money. Here’s a great explainer article from The Verge.
In the world of .Earth domains, many of our users are already ahead of the curve when it comes to NFTs, and are using this new Internet paradigm as a way to fund climate-related causes. However, these users are not limited to saving our planet, and there are many other unique NFT applications.
Here’s a sampling of some current NFT-related .Earth domain users:
- RedPanda.Earth: RedPanda Earth is a progressive deflationary token with an animal charity use case focused on saving endangered species. Learn more here.
- CitizenSpring.Earth: Citizen Spring is movement to rebuild local communities to be more resilient and sustainable, and it is launching a Solarpunk NFT art contest this year. Learn more here.
- Nemus.Earth: Nemus is a collectible NFT experience designed to conserve and protect the Amazon Rainforest. Learn more here.
- Koji.Earth: Koji Earth is the first token to develop and release a professional illustrated comic series exclusively as NFTs to its holders. Learn more here.
- Terra.Earth: Terra Earth is a digital twin of Earth with an NFT-based layering of physical real estate, providing banks with certainty to finance NFT-based mortgages and to empower tomorrow’s Metaverse builders. Learn more here.
- SPORE.Earth: Spore Earth is an NFT platform on the Avalanche network and the developer of the hyperdeflationary SPORE currency. Learn more here.
- Chapel.Earth: Chapel Earth is combining the power of NFTs and DeFi 2.0 to create a permanent yield for musical artists and venues after the gigs have finished. Learn more here.
- 3pm.Earth: This is a landing page website used for the free distribution of the special edition of the White Rabbit NFT. Learn more here.
Are you planning on jumping into the NFT arena in 2022? The .Earth domain is the perfect platform for distributing your art and potentially helping to save the planet. Click here to secure your own .Earth domain.