Hosted in 1972, the United Nations Conference on the Environment in Stockholm was the first world conference to make the environment a major global issue. As a result, the Stockholm Declaration was born, and it was the first international environmental law document to recognize the right to a healthy environment.
Nearly 50 years later, we have seen a vast proliferation of environmental and sustainability conferences and events – from U.N.-level to localized events – that advance discussions around the collective need to address climate change.
Many event organizers are realizing the value of using a .Earth domain to promote their efforts, and the number of users keeps increasing. Here are several examples:
- The Sustainability Summit: This three-day event brings together the greatest minds, industry champions, start-ups, investors, public sector officials, NGOs and the academic sector to collaborate, share, learn and create for the long-term benefit of society and our planet. Learn more at TheSustainabilitySummit.Earth.
- The Sustainable Packing Summit: Hosted by Packaging Europe, the Sustainable Packaging Summit explores contrasting approaches to a Circular Economy in packaging and how to choose the appropriate path forward. Learn more at PackagingSummit.Earth.
- Waves of Change Forum: Hosted in Biarritz, France, this event aims to build a coalition for blue growth and green tech solutions. Learn more about this event in this Voices.Earth podcast interview, and here’s the link to the forum – WavesofChange.Earth.
- The Global Destination Sustainability Forum: This global event convenes and unites destination management professionals to catalyze innovation for regeneration. The event is hosted on the GDS.Earth website.
- The Impact Festival: As Europe’s largest B2B sustainability conference, this event aims to create innovative and scalable solutions for a sustainable future. Learn more at Impact-Festival.Earth.
- The Finance Lever of the Food Systems Summit: This event aims to leverage finance as a tool to enable a transition to a more sustainable global food system. Learn more at BlendedFinance.Earth.
- Local Conferences of Youth: Under the umbrella of YOUNGO, the official youth constituency of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), this event aims to boost youth climate action locally and create an input into the international conferences. Learn more at LCOY.Earth.
Are you launching a new event or forum around saving Earth? The .Earth domain can serve as the foundation for marketing and branding your important efforts. Please click here to secure your very own .Earth domain.