In 2017, the Financial Stability Board (FSB) created a task force comprised of regulators, central banks and treasury officials from G20 countries for the development of recommendations for how companies should voluntarily disclose the risks and opportunities from climate change.
Nearly four years later, the FSB announced that approximately only half of the companies disclosed climate-related risks – pointing to how companies need to be doing much more to both minimize climate risk and enhance overall reporting of efforts. A recent Eco-Business article also points to how these disclosures will likely become mandatory.
With this in mind, companies should consider developing comprehensive communications programs to showcase how they are meeting these recommendations, as well as outline the steps they are taking to address overall climate change.
The best way to do this is through the development of micro-sites that showcase a wide-range of content – from blog posts to white papers to company climate mitigation manifestos, and more.
These micro-sites can be branded through the use of .Earth domain names. Here’s why .Earth is important to these efforts:
- Trust in You: .Earth domain names convey a higher level of trust to your customers, partners, and constituents when they are seeking out information about your organization.
- A .Earth Domain is a Platform: The domain can serve as the platform for all branding around climate disclosures.
- It’s More Meaningful than .com: A .Earth domain extension is a simple and highly effective way of letting everyone know that your organization’s mission is to save the planet.
- Share Your Passion: The .Earth domain reinforces the passion that many organizations and individuals have for the planet.
- Cost-Effective: Securing a new .Earth domain extension will not break the bank – even for premium names.
Is your company looking to better address overall climate risk and meet these emerging mandates? The .Earth domain can serve as the foundation for branding these important efforts. Please click here to secure your very own .Earth domain.